What is a Keto Diet?
The ketogenic Diet also known as the keto diet is a very low-carb and high-fat eating regimen. It involves significant reduction in carbohydrate intake and replaces it with fat. The reduced carb intake puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis, as a result, your body becomes very efficient at burning fat for energy.
Who is it for?
The Keto Meal Plan is mainly designed for anyone who want to shed pounds fast and naturally on a low-carb high-fat weight loss program. While this Keto Meal Plan can be a good diet plan for everyone, it’s beneficial for the following individuals:
• To those who’s simply beginning the keto regimen and wishes an easy to comply with one-week keto meal plan for beginners
• To those who has tried keto before and didn’t get the weight loss outcomes they were seeking out
• To those who is presently on the keto weight loss plan but has a reached a plateau in their weight reduction efforts
How to Fast-track Weight Loss on Keto Diet?
This Keto meal plan is intended to help you lose weight by restricting calorie intake. Usually, people who are on keto diet, are not fully tracking their calorie intake. Eating too much will hamper your weight loss and taking for granted all your efforts, therefore it is a must to track your calorie consumption properly. We all know that counting calories even before eating can be stressful, and annoying, but not to worry as we are going to tackle this 1200 Calories Keto Meal Plan which is the simplest way
How Does The 1200 Calorie Keto Meal Plan Work?
Basically, the keto diet follows a guideline of 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs per day. When an individual has restricted carbohydrate intake, the body is forced to convert fats into energy source which is a process known as ketosis. During the ketosis process, the body uses ketones (which are molecules produced in the liver) from fats when glucose is limited which is then use as an alternative fuel source for the body. Research shows that ketogenic diets are highly effective in promoting weight loss than low-fat diets. Moreover, keto diets reduce hunger and satiety, which will eventually help you to lose weight sustainably.
Keto-Friendly Foods to Eat
Knowing what food to eat for your Keto Meal Plan is a must, so you wouldn’t run out of food menus to eat. Below is a list of keto-friendly foods to eat.
- Chicken and turkey.
- Grass-fed beef, venison, pork, organ meats and bison
- organic whole eggs
- Salmon, herring and mackerel.
- Macadamia nuts, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and flaxseeds.
- Non starchy greens, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms and peppers.
- Cheddar, mozzarella, brie, goat cheese and cream cheese.
- Yogurt, butter and cream.
- Natural peanut, almond and cashew butters.
- Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut butter and sesame oil.
- Condiments like salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice, fresh herbs and spices.
Foods to Avoid
To keep you on track of your keto diet, you should also know which food to avoid or to be restricted. Basically, you need to avoid foods that are heavy in carbohydrate content like the following:
- Wheat, rice, oats, breakfast cereals and tortillas
- Spaghetti and noodles
- White bread, whole-wheat bread, crackers, cookies, doughnuts and rolls
- Potatoes, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, corn, peas and pumpkin
- Black beans, chickpeas, lentils and kidney beans
- Citrus, grapes, bananas and pineapple
- Sugar, ice cream, candy, maple syrup, agave syrup and coconut sugar
- Barbecue sauce, sugary salad dressings and dipping sauces
- Soda, juice, sweetened teas and sports drinks
- Beer and sugary mixed drinks
Your Guide to the Keto Weekly Meal Plan
Now, that you know the basics, here is a guide to make your own 1200 Calorie Keto Meal Plan. Firstly, you have to include healthy fats, a huge amount of protein and minimum amount of carbohydrates. Second is, you need to plan a 1-week keto meal plan so you’ll be prepared on what you need to buy ahead and prepare accordingly. Third is, you also need to pay attention to flavor. Being on a keto diet doesn’t mean that you have to sacrifice flavors. It is still necessary that you enjoy every meal otherwise you might start to feel bored with what you eat and loose your interest eventually. Lastly, it is a must to have keto-friendly snacks handy, in case you feel hungry before meal time.
There is a myriad of recipes online that can fit your taste and preference, just make sure that they are keto-friendly foods and that you avoid foods that you shouldn’t eat. Always remember the formula to the 1200 calorie keto meal plan which should contain low-carb and high-fat food choices that you should enjoy in every meal.